Monday, August 31, 2009

Mera Desh Mera Gaon..

1st day at work and all my life I have thought of this,and in every scenario I thought of,I saw myself ecstatic but truth is always worse than fiction and well the first day was as if trying to write an IIT-JEE paper with a hangover.No clue as to what is going on,waiting,running,waiting again and just not a very pleasent experience,maybe and hopefully I'll be proved wrong but here's what I started thinking.

I really wish I was born in a village in some Bollywood style evil zamindaar's household.Here's why:
1.I wouldn't really have required any education apart from basic reading and writing skills and despite that job won't have been issue coz the UPA government is trying to enforce NREGA(National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) efficiently.

2.Wouldn't have required to travel in trains,buses etc to got to work,infact I could have gone to work on horseback in the Feroze Khan style.

3.Since NREGA work consists of building roads,hospitals etc,I could have actually contributed to nation building.

4.I wouldn't have required to give tests to prove my effciency at work.

5.My NREGA contractor wouldn't order to me to relocate from Rampur To Lakshmanpur for a project.

6.I could go to the village well(obviously on horseback) and hoot at the 'gaon ki goriyan' without the fear of a molestation case being filed against me(my dad is a zamindaar,don't forget!!)

7.Living in a gaon would have been so much cheaper.

8.I could have probably met Rahul Gandhi and all the foriegn dignitaries that he gets down to villages to see the 'real' India.

9.I wouldn't have needed facebook to play Farmville.

10.I could sell my land to some SEZ developer and earn big bucks for it.

11.But on a serious note life would have so much stabler.
I would have known where I would be,with whom I would be,what am I going to do etc.It's miserable if you think that you have lived with yourselves for 22 years and still don't know the answers to those questions but perhaps where I would be,will be clearer by 45-50,with whom,hopefully by 30(though the odds are pretty much stacked against that happening),and what am I gonna do in the next 5 years.Maybe all this is just arising coz I am scared about losing what I have right now,if I move ahead but then,I am not even sure if I have those things.

I am pretty sure,there must be a 100 cons about being a gaonwala too but I am not even thinking about them,coz right now I am plain pissed.I just realized you may be known for what you are,but you are also known for where you are from.So I'll make sure I don't enter TSEC version of a B-school.

No comments:

Post a Comment