Monday, August 10, 2009

Midnight Rant...

When I was a kid,I was told "Try,try,try until you succeed"(I still wonder why "try" was used 3 times,is that supposed to mean that you try 3 times before you give up?!!).

Anyway,as I grew up,I tried to follow this mule-headedly(I used to try more than 3 times),be it with studies,some skill or some girl.But at the same time I began to realise it was failing to work(I could have tried "trying" infinitely for certain things,but how can you do that when the given situation doesn't exist anymore!!).

So I was given a new mantra by people,"You can only get what you are destined to get".This was so much easier!!I could just chill out and wait for the Universe to hear my wishes and reward me what I am destined to get.But actually this worked worse than the first plan:my grades dropped,I led a stagnant life and was chick anti-magnate.I still had faith in the Universe,(in Rhonda Bryne too) but the universe nearly flunked me in my Physics paper(trust me,even though i appear indifferent towards everything,flunking in anything is still a big deal for me).So my love affair with the Universe ended.

And then I reached a compromise,"Do your best,Universe will do the rest".Well the success rate with this philosphy wasn't that great either,but it has worked since you cannot decide whom to blame when you fail.Whether I didn't do my best?Or the Gods were not with me?Pretty convenient :)...but then I have begun to have my doubts with this too.If you are supposed to do your best(i.e keep trying for what you want) and God will take care of rest(i.e he'll grant you what you deserve or are destined to have),then how to decide to what point do you keep trying?When should you be able to say,that I have given my best now?For that matter,how do you even know what is your best?

So my conclusion,which I am ready to admit might be totally wrong,is that we all do what we want at a given stage and just find something convenient to support it.There is no destiny,no best shot,it's just what you want to make of something in the moments that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment