Saturday, August 29, 2009

R.I.P Boozigar

Now Daddy said,"It's fine sometimes."
Mommy said,"Khote!Don't even think!!",
But it just seemed a case of sour grapes(pun intended),
And so I began to drink.

What was the need for apples anyway,
If drinking had it's health benefits,
Beer was said to be good for digestion,
And Wine was to keep the heart fit.

Shivji had Bhaang,Indra Dev his Som Ras,
So surely drinking couldn't be a vice,
And maybe if I drank a bit more,
Some chick might get lost in my 'nashilee' eyes.

So I attacked all booze in the same way as,
Bush did on Baghdad and Kabul,
And I have never seen the glass half empty,
So I always kept mine full.

But something was amiss,coz Devdas on 'desi tharra',
Got love from both Madhuri and Aish,
While I couldn't even get a half decent female,
Despite finishing my Dad's imported stash.

I suddenly came to realize that,
the only nutrition I was getting,was vitamin Pee,
How did Johnny Walker ask me to "Keep Walking",
When even standing was difficult for me.

It wasn't peg size Saif talked about while,
saying "make it large",I suddenly got to know,
And then I realized,the money spent on booze,
Could have nearly bought me a Nano!!

Now even if Vijay Mallya was to adopt me,
Mommy,about boozing I won't even think,
For becoming the King of Good Times,
I am pretty sure I needn't drink.


Writing this was as hard as gulping down my first beer!!

1 comment: