Friday, August 7, 2009

The Reason..

I will try my best to tell you,
so I try to make a few words rhyme,
But I know I won't be able to,
Coz' I haven't in all this time.

We have reached so many finish lines,
Then we have made so many starts,
That I don't know where I stand,
Whether close or a million miles apart.

At times we couldn't stand each other,
Of our fights,we have had our share,
But even in the moment we hated each other,
For each other we still cared.

We have both catered to our egos,
of being self-absorbed idiots we've had bouts,
but when one of us would need the other,
the other would be there,without a doubt.

We've sometimes been cold to each other,
even strangers to each other we've been,
And yet we accepted what the other wanted,
though no logic to it could be seen.

There couldn't be two more diferent people,
This fact took some time knowing,
And yet somehow we managed it all,
we were both weird,that kept us going.

"All good things come to an end",
Yes,I have heard such stuff,
But what doesn't last forever,
I don't believe is good enough.

It isn't perfect right now,but it's fine how it is,
Our relationship changes with the season,
But of walking along a bit further together,
Like always,we might just get some reason.


My third longest poetry till date.The first one that I didn't have to sit down with a paper-pen to write.Could have been better,but imperfection always leaves room for improvement the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment