Monday, August 3, 2009

Everytime You Leave...

Everytime that you walk away,
You break my heart for sure,
If this was true literally,as "Man-of-multiple-hearts",
I would have belonged to medical folklore.

It was dark before you came,
Now,my world,your smile lights,
There would be no load-shedding,were you there in every home,
Coz' your smile could light up the nights.

And whenever you are gone away,
I am like a ship lost at sea,
I become like the Indian Police,
I am everywhere else but not where I am supposed to be.

Your absence makes me an artist,
composing and writing gives me a kick,
But now,even when I have to go to pee,
I sing & tell it to everyone like Anu Malik.

If I was you,I would never leave again,
If you heard me telling this to you,
that I am as clueless & incomplete in your absence,
as Rabri Devi is without her Laloo.

But I am sure all this can't stop you,
I now seem to understand why,
Because if humour would have been so seductive,
Rajpal Yadav would have married Aishwarya Rai!

I started writing it as something serious(hard to believe!),as a combined effect of watching Love Aaj Kal,hearing Rufus Humphrey sing "Everytime you walk away" in season 1 episode 17 of Gossip Girl(awesome series & awesomer song) but I think I have lot the capacity to be serious since Rakhi Ka Swaymwar started.Ahh I love being/trying to be(however you may find this) FUNNY!

3 comments:

  1. yaar ...very nice piece...good combo of humour and feelings

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,thats an awesome poem.i got to see it bcoz of anshul's comment on it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @naseem-it's just haal-e-dil hanste huye :(

    @supriya-thanx for the appreciation,u r friends wid naseem 2,rite?

    ReplyDelete