Saturday, June 20, 2009

Writer's Lament

God!How could you do this,
I am in pain,anger and shock,
I've just lost my mind,
Hell,I am suffering from Writer's block!

My mind is haphazard like Delhi's traffic,
No thought running in its own lane,
Its clouded like this time's monsoon,
It's a pain but it doesn't rain.

Once I could write about anything,
But gone are my glory days,it seems,
Thoughts come flying around,
But I can't catch any,just like the Pakistani team.

It is so grossly unfair,
Feel like TZP's Darsheel Zafary,
The words and thoughts are dancing infront,
But I am just not able to connect any.

I lost my personal fiefdom,
The only thing I was good at by far,
Now I understand how Laloo must have felt,
When he lost Bihar to Nitish Kumar.

I knew I couldn't write forever,
But this is too early to get to that stage,
So please God give my superpower back to me,
And let me write till Khushwant Singh's age!

Fo those who don't know Khushwant Singh is 94 and still writing!

I am actually suffering from a writer's block and honestly couldn't think of anything to write,so I just wrote about what my ailment is :) and trying to put it in a humorous way was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment