Sunday, June 7, 2009

Break To Mend

I think one can find inspiration to write something,not just from what is happening in one's own life but by simply just opening your mind and looking around.Everything is just present around you,you just have to grasp it!

This is exactly how,I thought of this post.

My final semester exams are over and as of now I am a B.E(Bekaar/Berozgaar Engineer),so there is lots of time to kill.I believe every idle mind has an affinity for the idiot box,and that is where I saw the program "From G's To Gents" on VH1(Tuesdays at 11.00),where some thugs are transformed into civilized beings.This show had an awesome line,"Sometimes you gotta break something weak,in order to make it stronger".

This made me remember a story I had read when I was a kid(guess it was about Lal Bahadur Shastri,our second PM),where as a kid,he had a boil on his back,and he took a red hot iron rod and pressed it against the boil,to burst it and relieve himself of the continuous pain.What amazed me as an 11 year old at that time was not the courage he displayed,but the fact that sometimes you have to hurt yourselves more to do away with the pain you already have.

As I grew up,I realized how accurate my perception as a kid was.Every trial,every tryst,that a person goes through makes you tougher.Adversity not only brings the best out of you,it also makes you stronger.If I have been hurt once by one thing,it'll take more than that thing to hurt me again(even hitting me with a baseball bat!).Call it jadedness or call it conditioning,your immunity to anything of the same sort becomes greater.

But the question is are we strong enough to hurt ourselves?Are we ready to amputate the limb or are scared enough to allow the poison to spread through the body?

Answering this isn't easy,and there might be times when you could be wrong but one never knows unless one tries.

I was down and hurt,
but had to hurt myself even more
Hoping someday I will be,
stronger than ever before.

1 comment:

  1. wow yarr...a very nice peice...after reding the whole article....one line cliked me which is related 2 dis....my mom says"it is better 2 cry once ,than crying over something again and again"
    i liked it

    ReplyDelete