Friday, November 5, 2010

Hitch-Hiker

The sun refused to rise,
Fearing that it would drown,
in the darkness that envelopes me,
behind,besides,beyond,all around.

Mocked by happiness each day,
Estranged for long from satisfaction,
My smiles reek of cynicism and contempt,
My only acquaintances unanswered questions.

Even raindrops bruise me,
Silence pierces my ears,
Abandoned by all I cared for,
Surrounded by my fears.

I drive on the Highway of Hopelessness,
& my failures like milestones gleam,
I try evading the potholes of reality,
trying to save my fragile dreams.

There she stood in the dust and heat,
trying to hitch-hike a ride,
& despite Loneliness already being my companion,
I made a stop at her side.

She looked battered and broken,
with tattered clothes her body adorned,
And yet her eyes were full of dreams,
and on her lips there was a song.

She hopped in without a word,
Like a lost friend from times gone,
She made me smile when I was unhappy,
& when tired,she took to driving me on.

Then one day we made it out,
Leaving behind that forsaken land,
I asked her for her name & she said it was Hope,
& then I always travelled with her,she holding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment