Saturday, May 30, 2009

Main shaayar toh nahi!

Before I start a few things..

1.Seether's version of 'careless whisper' by Wham, is amazing,d best ever cover of any song(well that was my effort to promote rock music,give it a hear,people!)

2.My college life gets over in another 4 days..and unlike most people I really don't feel emotional..just thinking of what to do for the next 6 months!(No rude suggestions allowed)

3. I feel pretty awesome,for a change because of myself.

Around 10 years back, I saw 'Bobby'(No,not the hot chick from roadies,but the blockbuster of yesteryears,Dimple Kapadia-Rishi Kapoor starrer,the first rebellious teenage love story which has been copied atleast a 1000 times after that :),movie).I tried hard to share my mom's excitement,but the only thing that I liked(apart from seeing Dimple Kapadia in a swimsuit..drooling) was the song "Main shaayar toh nahi" which went like...

" main shaayar toh nahi
magar ae haseen,
jabse dekha maine tujhko,
mujhe shaayari aa gayi"

Now even though I write great poetry,this post isn't about Dimple Kapadia or the countless subsequent chicks being a source of inspiration for my writing.Then why all d blabbering?I have a different take on the song and here it is...

I have heard a zillion times "you don't know what you have got till it's gone" and that is true but it's also true that,"you don't know what you've got,till you reach a situation where you've got to use what you've got".(for instance I didn't know I could write so well,till I started falling for chicks,thanks,love you all!(notice the sarcasm))

Anyway not deviating from the theme,most of us really have no clue as to what we are capable of,until we get to a situation where that particular thing is demanded of us,just like,in Harry Potter, underage wizards performing magic when faced with adverse situations.It could be as simple as solving a mathematical puzzle out of nowhere to something more serious like getting over a heartbreak or moving to a new place.

Now why does something like this happen,I have my theories about it,although none of them verified..

1.We underestimate and underanalyze ourselves too much.We are so much interested in what is happening around us,that we forget that there is a centre to the around.I don't ask anyone to be self absorbed but aleast try to know yourselves more than you know others.

2.A man/woman is like the universe(the woman a much bigger one),even if you try to explore for a lifetime,you would have just touched a corner,so why even try?

The first one is a reason,the second an excuse :).

But both are true and the best that one can do is I guess to constantly try to put yourselves in situations,which help you to explore yourselves a little.Join a dance class,learn martial arts,play a guitar,go boozing!As Baz Luhrmann said in the song 'Sunscreen'...

"Do one thing everyday that scares you"

You may just end up knowing a fraction about yourselves,but you will be glad for it and as we know from Maths,a fraction is bigger than zero!

1 comment: